Thursday, January 22, 2015

Unconnected Lookup Transformation In Informatica - Role Playing Date Dimension


Unconnected Lookup Transformation is a passive transformation since it can return only one column from each row to the return port. It is not connected to any other transformations in the mapping.

  • It receives input from the result of a :LKP expression from transformations such as an Expression transformation or Aggregator transformation or Update Strategy Transformation.
  • The Integration Service queries the lookup source or cache based on the lookup ports and condition in the transformation.
  • The :LKP expression passes parameters to the Lookup transformation and receives a result back from the lookup.
  • If there is no match for the lookup condition, the Integration Service returns NULL.
  • You can call the Lookup transformation more than once in a mapping.
  • Unlike Connected lookup, it can use only Static cache.

The main advantage of using an unconnected lookup is the fact that you can use it in any other transformation like a function  in other programming languages. The Lookup Cache is calculated only once as part of the session initialization and hence more efficient, since all subsequent look-ups will re-use the Cache.
The only constraint is that the cache has to be static, i.e. the data in your look-up table shouldn’t be changing once the lookup Cache has been created.

Scenario
Lookup Order Date, Due Date and Ship date in Date Dimension.



*In case of any questions, feel free to leave comments on this page and I would get back as soon as I can.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Hema,
    I have a follow situation. I need to make a incremental insert in my final destination.
    So, I have a Stage table and this table has a field called id.
    I made my Stage Table as a Source table and put a lookup from my table destination.
    I made a comparation by id fields.
    After I create a Router where I connected my source table and my id from the Lookup.
    I setting my Router if id from Lookup is null, then INSERT. Then I connected my Router to my final table. When I execute, there's no message of error, but any information are filled in my final table. My final table is emply.
    I don´t know what I'm doing wrong.
    Could you help me?
    Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unconnected Lookup Transformation In Informatica - Role Playing Date Dimensioninformatica training

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice blog post.provided a helpful information.I hope that you will post more updates like thisInformatica Online Training Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say superb blog!afp viewer online

    ReplyDelete